As we attempt to find closure to the 2013-14, it is also time to begin planning for the 2014-15 school year. Below is some relevant information to assist in that endeavor.
- TCAP/EOC: As per the current political leadership in the State, TN public schools will NOT be administering the PARCC assessment next year. This means that Math, Reading/Language Arts, Science, and all current EOCs will continue in their existing format.
- Social Studies: The new social studies standards will go in to effect with the 2014-15 school year. Those standards can be found here. As part of the transition, there will be no Achievement or End of Course assessments in social studies for the coming year. Field tests in social studies covering the new standards will be conducted in 2014-15 with formal assessments resuming in 2015-16.
- TCAP-Alternate Portfolio: The State continues to evaluate data from the 2013-14 pilot of the National Center and State Collaborative (NCSC) assessment as an alternative to the TCAP-Alt Portfolio assessment in the area of Language Arts and Math. More information is to come about this version of the assessment and the plans for the 2014-15 school year.
- TCAP MAAS: There will be no MAAS version of the TCAP administered in 2014-15. Rather, all special education students who would otherwise qualify to take the MAAS will be required to take the standard assessment.
- TCAP Writing: The Writing assessment will now be required for all students in grades 3-11. It will have the same design as the 2013-14 writing assessment and will be administered online in all grades.
- TCAP ELSA: The ELSA version of the TCAP assessment will continue to be an option for qualifying students.
- K-2 Assessment: The State will continue to offer a K-2 Assessment (formerly known as SAT-10) though it remains up to individual districts to decide whether or not they will administer it. At this time, MNPS will NOT be administering the K-2 Assessment.
- ACCESS for ELLS: The ACCESS for ELLS assessment (see wida.us) will replace the current ELDA assessment.